Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fate Of The Jedi; Omen - Christie Golden

Omen
By: Christie Golden
Published: 2009
Audiobook Read by: Marc Thompson
My rating: Great

And now the continuing adventures of Luke and Ben Skywalker as they roam the galaxy in search of answers to questions that may have no answers! 

 I love this series and look forward to each new installment in the collection. I guess that being a Star Wars fan helps but I find that I must hold myself back from just listening to them back to back. This is only the second volume and it is shaping up to be a grand romp among the stars!

As Luke and Ben travel on, in exile from the home and people they love, they find themselves heading for the world of the xenophobic Aing-Tii. Unsure if they will even survive the trip, they know they will face hostility when they get there but must try to convince these mysterious creatures to help them. Meanwhile, back at the Jedi temple. With two Jedi already afflicted with a strange mental disorder that has them trying to kill everyone they hold dear, the masters are scrambling to find a cure. Faced with the hostile opposition of the new Chief of State Natasi Daala, and dogged at every step by the unscrupulous reporter, Javis Tyrr, it seems that things couldn't get much worse. However, when two more Jedi crack, things do seem like they are as bad as they can possibly get.

Christie Golden is new to the Star Wars scene and has done a pretty good job. Her writing style has some differences and aren't quite as appealing to me as the other authors but in general it is minor. The plot rolls along smoothly and I very much enjoyed the book. I like the split story lines in the series and look forward to seeing how each story affects the others.

I listened to the audiobook read by Marc Thompson. As always, Marc is a master of his art! He brings the book to life with his wonderful array of voices and accents. I can look back in my mind and I feel like I watched a movie rather than listening to a book. Marc is truly a wonderful narrator!

Overall, this was another wonderful chapter in the series and I am looking forward to the rest! If you like Star Wars, you'll love these books!

Tune in next time for more exciting adventures of the Jedi as they strive to rid the galaxy of evil, and restore balance in the Force!

No comments:

Post a Comment