Monday, March 14, 2011

Fate Of The Jedi; Abyss - Troy Denning

Abyss
By: Troy Denning
Published: 2009
Audiobook Read by: Marc Thompson
My rating: Great








I have been looking forward to this book but have been forcing myself to wait since the last three books of the series have yet to be published. I am trying to space them out so I don't have to endure Star Wars withdrawal too badly while I wait for them!

Once again Ben and Luke are dropped smack in the middle of some pretty strange stuff! As they continue their quest to find out what caused Jacen to turn to the Dark Side, they find themselves faced with a visit with the "Mind Drinkers". Ben is less than enthusiastic about their prospects as they enter an area of space that holds some pretty dark memories for him.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, more Jedi are succumbing to the strange madness that has been holding them all in terror. With answers in short supply the Masters are scrambling to figure out a course of action. The GA is demanding more than they are willing to give but it seems they may have no choice but comply, no matter how unpleasant that may be.

There is also the little matter of the new breed of Sith that seems about to make a move. What are their plans and just how powerful are they? If two Sith can cause unimaginable damage to the peace and prosperity of the galaxy, what will happen when an entire civilization of them comes out of hiding?

This was a wonderful continuation of the Fate Of The Jedi series. I am not sure how long I can wait to break out the next book! I am impressed with the continuity of this series and how well each volume carries on the plot line from the last. As a fan of Star Wars, these books have been wonderful!

I listened to the audiobook read by Marc Thompson. I fear I may be repeating myself but he is absolutely wonderful! I love all the voices he does and how he brings the book to life! His narration helps to build a mental picture so vivid I feel as though I am watching a movie!

Overall this is another great book in the Star Wars franchise! I am loving every installment. If you are a Star Wars fan, you definitely won't be disappointed in this collection! I would recommend you read the Legacy of The Force books first or else you will have a lot unexplained actions in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment