Sunday, May 15, 2011

In Which My 12 Year Old Daughter Becomes A Grandma!


First of all, allow me to let out a WHOOP
because this is my 100th post!!
That's right, 100 posts under my belt!
So go ahead, have a glass of bubbly on me!
It's a celebration!!! :)






o-o-o-o          o-o-o-o          o-o-o-o          o-o-o-o          o-o-o-o


Now, back to the original purpose of this post!

Last weekend, my daughter, Cheyenne, played the part of Grandma Josephine in our school's production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! It's funny, I'm not even a grandpa yet but she is a grandma! Something just doesn't seem right here! :)

Anyway, without further ado, here is what you are dying to see!


Cheyenne with her husband, Grandpa Joe
All the grandparents in the big bed
Willy Wonka welcoming all the winners into his factory
In the chocolate room standing by the chocolate river
Riding down the chocolate river in Wonka's private yacht
The Oompa Loompas
Willy telling Charlie that the factory is his
And one more of Cheyenne looking really old.
That's Grandpa George next to her.
Cheyenne had a great time and had a lot of fun but was very glad to get the makeup and gray hairspray washed off when we got her home! All the kids did a great job and worked very hard.

This production was directed by some of the high school students and was completely produced by the students. There was one teacher who kept an eye on things and acted as an adviser but otherwise it was students only! They deserve a lot of credit for making it happen! I can't wait to see what kind of program they do next year!

And now I will return my daughter to the role of little girl and hope for many years to pass before she is actually a grandma!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful evening for you and your family. My son played Willy Wonka when he was in elementary school. I think your stage production looks great. It's hard to believe that it was done by the students. I'm glad your daughter had such a good time.

    And congratulations on your 100 blogs. That's quite a few for a new blogger. Do lots more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nancy! Yes, they did a wonderful job! I love seeing the kids doing these kind of things!

    Don't worry, I'll be doing lots more blogs! I intend to continue blogging for a long time to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always such an upbeat person that it is a [pleasure to read what you write. Congrats on the 100th post. I just had mine too. That's a lot of writing. I keep thinking if I were given that assignment say for a class somewhere I would be overwhelmed and probably drop the class. But blogging is fun and it is fun because of the interaction with people like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bernie!! You're right, I would moan and groan if I was required to write this much! But like you said, it's so much fun that I don't really think about how much writing I've done. I guess that's the secret: perspective.

    ReplyDelete