Ladies and Gentlemen!
Let me present the latest Stylish Blogger:
Thank you...Thank you...You are too kind...Please...You're making me blush now!
Ok, well, I'm humbled and honored to have been chosen by Jane over at Country Bumpkin to receive this wonderful award. MY FIRST BLOGGING AWARD!!! I'm very excited! :)
So, part of the rules for this award is for me to tell you seven things about myself and then award this to seven other bloggers. I'm going to have to cheat and not pass it on to seven people because I really don't have that many followers that I think would appreciate it!
So first lets get personal! Let me see, seven things. I'm pretty open about myself so this won't be too hard.
- To start out, I'll give you one I hope you have already figured out. I am a born again, Bible believing, Church attending, Heaven bound Christian and proud of it!
- When I was a kid I was bound and determined to be a cowboy and went so far as to wear nothing but cowboy boots, jeans and flannel shirts, topped off with a big ole hat and many times a bandanna tied around my neck! That phase lasted from about 12 years old until I was 15!
- I am a computer nut and have tinkered around with web design and currently have a web server here at my house hosting a site for work that includes a scheduling program, a messaging system and a database of all my maintenance activities. I also have 3 laptops, and 3 desktops in operation here at home!
- I spent several years being very rebellious during my late teens and landed myself in jail for a while. I'll tell the whole story sometime! :)
- My full given name that as listed on my birth certificate is Andy Schafer. No middle name and it really is Andy, not Andrew.
- I am a bit of an inventor and have designed a tool that is in regular use at both of the hotels I work for.
- And now for the last one. I should make it a doosey but I already revealed my criminal background so what can I say? hmmmm let me see, I know! One time when I was 16 I was driving down the interstate doing about 120 MPH and lost control of my car and spun it around two complete revolutions in the middle of the road. I ended up in the median facing the same direction I had been going with no damage so I just took off and kept on my way! I slowed down after that! :)
- Cheilsea at The Brownings I know you got one of these not to long ago but I wasn't following you then and I think you're a pretty stylish blogger so you get another one from me! :)
- Sam over at Book Chase I'm not sure if you're into this kind of thing but you really are a great blogger and I really enjoy your reviews and other posts. You have turned me on to some really great books and I respect your opinions on the books you review.
- Fiftyodd You have given me many laughs and a lot of food for thought! I really love reading your blog!
- Nancy at Boomers, Scribblers and Saints You have a wonderful blog and I love reading your posts. You were also one of my first followers and have helped to keep me going with your many comments and encouragement!
- Bernie at Old? Who? Me? You always have something interesting to say and I love to hear your stories and read your thoughts on so many different things!
Now...drum roll please...not only did Andy get the Stylish Blogger Award...he got the
This award was given to me by Cheilsea at The Brownings!
This award is for blogs that are not very well known but should be.
I am very honored that you feel that my blog deserves this award and I thank you very much for it!
Now, I must pass it along to someone else that I think is deserving so here goes!
Even though I just gave her the Stylish Blogger Award, I am also going to give
the Liebster Award as well! She has a wonderful blog and deserves to have many more followers find her!
So there you have it. I am now the proud recipient of two wonderful awards and I again would like to thank Jane and Cheilsea for these great honors an a big thank you to all of you who take the time to read my posts and give me so much encouragement in this wonderful blogging experience!